- Apples in bloom. Beautiful summer weather. 2 days ago
- Apple blossoms emerge after a long cold winter. And the clouds have a summer feel. And so much daylight! 5 days ago
- A chilly 30 degree sunrise. No risk to these growing Apple buds. The cold April insures mid to late May blossoms an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- The foggy sunrise has given way to brilliant sunshine. Spring is inching forward at the orchard. 2 weeks ago
- Green tips are emerging on the apple tree fruit buds. The growing season is officially underway in Cumberland Cente… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
Author Archives: gsweetser
Many of our customers freeze a gallon or two of cider at the end of the season, to enjoy later in the year. Whether sipping hot cider on a cold winter day, or cooling off with ice cold cider next … Continue reading
The Apple Barrel Farm Stand continues to operate daily. We have nearly 20 varieties available in the market including the popular Honeycrisp, Mac, Cortland, Macoun, Liberty, Empire, Spartan, Red and Golden Delicious, Northern Spy, Baldwin, and Spencer. Our utility grade … Continue reading
Sweetser’s Apple Barrel and Orchards will offer samples of Connie Sweetser’s favorite apple crisp to celebrate Maine’s delicious apples. Our heirloom variety, Red Gravenstein will be the main ingredient of this delicious desert.
Our summer hours are expanding now that we have apples in the Market. The selection grows each week and we now feature apples, native peaches, fresh corn, tomatoes, vegetables, Maple Syrup, Honey, and baked goods. Our summer hours are noon … Continue reading
Summer hours are noon to 6:00 pm, 4 day a week. The market is open 7 days a week. Apples, Peaches, Fresh Corn, and a variety of vegetables are on display. We also offer Maple Syrup, Honey, Baked Goods, and … Continue reading
The apple season is here and the flavors just keep getting better. Each week we add new varieties to the market, and you will enjoy discovering all of our choices.
Perfect time to pick a pumpkin and roast some seeds, find a new apple flavor for your pie or enjoy fresh hot cider.
Fall is really here. Pumpkins, apples and cider are fresh on the farm. Open daily 9 am – 6 pm.
We are already grading Paula Reds, Red Gravenstein, and Red Cortlands! If you are looking to make apple sauce, Red Astrchan and Duchess make excellent sauce! Alameda Crabapples make fantastic jelly. We still have farm fresh vegetables from Chipman … Continue reading