Winesaps are an heirloom variety of apple, first discovered in 1817. People love these apples cut into salads and for eating due to their sweet juicy flavor. They are thought to be “red as wine” and their yellow colored flesh makes them an excellent cider apple. Their official name is the Stayman Winesap after the man who popularized this ancient variety.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 4 weeks ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 1 month ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 1 month ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 1 month ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago