Winesaps are an heirloom variety of apple, first discovered in 1817. People love these apples cut into salads and for eating due to their sweet juicy flavor. They are thought to be “red as wine” and their yellow colored flesh makes them an excellent cider apple. Their official name is the Stayman Winesap after the man who popularized this ancient variety.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 1 month ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 1 month ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 2 months ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 4 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 4 months ago