Wealthy apples are medium to large in size and very crispy. They have a yellowish hue with red stripes and mature in early September. They were created from seeds obtained from Maine by Peter Gideon of Lake Minnetonka, Minnesota in 1868. This heirloom variety is hardy enough to endure harsh winters and became popular across the Northwest. Wealthies are excellent in apple pies, sauces, and juices. Gideon planted over 10,000 apple trees and was the first of many prolific Minnesotan apple planters.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 2 months ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 2 months ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 3 months ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 5 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 5 months ago