Wealthy apples are medium to large in size and very crispy. They have a yellowish hue with red stripes and mature in early September. They were created from seeds obtained from Maine by Peter Gideon of Lake Minnetonka, Minnesota in 1868. This heirloom variety is hardy enough to endure harsh winters and became popular across the Northwest. Wealthies are excellent in apple pies, sauces, and juices. Gideon planted over 10,000 apple trees and was the first of many prolific Minnesotan apple planters.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 days ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 2 weeks ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 3 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 3 weeks ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago