Wealthy apples are medium to large in size and very crispy. They have a yellowish hue with red stripes and mature in early September. They were created from seeds obtained from Maine by Peter Gideon of Lake Minnetonka, Minnesota in 1868. This heirloom variety is hardy enough to endure harsh winters and became popular across the Northwest. Wealthies are excellent in apple pies, sauces, and juices. Gideon planted over 10,000 apple trees and was the first of many prolific Minnesotan apple planters.
- The first day of Summer. Apple growing season. Opening day of the farmstand is Tuesday July 9th 2 days ago
- This Saturday we will host a rare look into the barn at the Sweetser Farm. In the spirit of organizing and cleaning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook facebook.com/SweetsersApple… 2 weeks ago
- A day on the Farm. Nothing too crazy today. Apples growing. Oh, big barn sale next Saturday, June 16 2 weeks ago
- June 1st and 80 degrees. Just tight for growing Apples. Today’s photo features the Cortland variety. 3 weeks ago