Wealthy apples are medium to large in size and very crispy. They have a yellowish hue with red stripes and mature in early September. They were created from seeds obtained from Maine by Peter Gideon of Lake Minnetonka, Minnesota in 1868. This heirloom variety is hardy enough to endure harsh winters and became popular across the Northwest. Wealthies are excellent in apple pies, sauces, and juices. Gideon planted over 10,000 apple trees and was the first of many prolific Minnesotan apple planters.
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 3 weeks ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 3 weeks ago
- Opening day is Wednesday, July 5 at noon. The summer varieties are really gaining size. Red Astrachan, Zestsr!,... fb.me/8WmTuvbrf 3 weeks ago
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 1 month ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 month ago