Wealthy apples are medium to large in size and very crispy. They have a yellowish hue with red stripes and mature in early September. They were created from seeds obtained from Maine by Peter Gideon of Lake Minnetonka, Minnesota in 1868. This heirloom variety is hardy enough to endure harsh winters and became popular across the Northwest. Wealthies are excellent in apple pies, sauces, and juices. Gideon planted over 10,000 apple trees and was the first of many prolific Minnesotan apple planters.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 2 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 5 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 5 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 5 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 5 months ago