Spencer apples come from a cross between the sweet red McIntosh apple and the crispy yellow Golden Delicious. This makes them a delightful crunchy sweet apple, perfect for eating and cooking and a mature red skin flecked with green. Spencers originated in 1959 in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada and have made their way across the US. Their core is smaller than their ancestor the McIntosh and their flesh is very juicy. Spencers mature in early to mid October and can be stored in a cool or cold, dry environment.
- Tonight's sunset. Beautiful. Lucky I was still outside working. 1 day ago
- More apple blossoms. The heat pushed us to full bloom yesterday. Intense cold front roared through this afternoon... fb.me/24MjQaAhm 5 days ago
- Blossoms are out on the early varieties- Duchess, Red Gravenstein, Paula Reds. Waiting for the Macs, Macouns,... fb.me/6d1WB7px2 1 week ago
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 5 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 8 months ago