Spencer apples come from a cross between the sweet red McIntosh apple and the crispy yellow Golden Delicious. This makes them a delightful crunchy sweet apple, perfect for eating and cooking and a mature red skin flecked with green. Spencers originated in 1959 in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada and have made their way across the US. Their core is smaller than their ancestor the McIntosh and their flesh is very juicy. Spencers mature in early to mid October and can be stored in a cool or cold, dry environment.
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 3 weeks ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 3 weeks ago
- Opening day is Wednesday, July 5 at noon. The summer varieties are really gaining size. Red Astrachan, Zestsr!,... fb.me/8WmTuvbrf 3 weeks ago
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 1 month ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 month ago