Spencer apples come from a cross between the sweet red McIntosh apple and the crispy yellow Golden Delicious. This makes them a delightful crunchy sweet apple, perfect for eating and cooking and a mature red skin flecked with green. Spencers originated in 1959 in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada and have made their way across the US. Their core is smaller than their ancestor the McIntosh and their flesh is very juicy. Spencers mature in early to mid October and can be stored in a cool or cold, dry environment.
- The Apple Barrel farm stand reopens on Thursday September 1st. We will operate daily, 9am - 6pm. The Sweetser... fb.me/4PZp0bOQz 2 weeks ago
- We are heartbroken to announce the death of Debby Freeman, co-owner and Greg Sweetser's wife, daughter-in-law to... fb.me/4q01Xt3qZ 2 months ago
- Moving the brush pile. Thank you Bill Taylor. fb.me/4FtaQ1Lko 3 months ago
- A Mother's Day stroll through the orchard, before things really get busy. This warm weather will push the apple... fb.me/57kPAAtQE 3 months ago
- Nothing says Happy Thanksgiving like Cider and Pies! 9 months ago