Spencer apples come from a cross between the sweet red McIntosh apple and the crispy yellow Golden Delicious. This makes them a delightful crunchy sweet apple, perfect for eating and cooking and a mature red skin flecked with green. Spencers originated in 1959 in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada and have made their way across the US. Their core is smaller than their ancestor the McIntosh and their flesh is very juicy. Spencers mature in early to mid October and can be stored in a cool or cold, dry environment.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 days ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 2 weeks ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 3 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 3 weeks ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago