Spartans are a bright red cross between the McIntosh and a mystery apple that nobody has yet identified. These are great all-purpose apples for eating, cooking and baking. They are known for being the first type of apple produced by modern scientific breeding programs (in 1936 in British Columbia, Canada).
- Apples in bloom. Beautiful summer weather. 2 days ago
- Apple blossoms emerge after a long cold winter. And the clouds have a summer feel. And so much daylight! 5 days ago
- A chilly 30 degree sunrise. No risk to these growing Apple buds. The cold April insures mid to late May blossoms an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- The foggy sunrise has given way to brilliant sunshine. Spring is inching forward at the orchard. 2 weeks ago
- Green tips are emerging on the apple tree fruit buds. The growing season is officially underway in Cumberland Cente… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago