Spartans are a bright red cross between the McIntosh and a mystery apple that nobody has yet identified. These are great all-purpose apples for eating, cooking and baking. They are known for being the first type of apple produced by modern scientific breeding programs (in 1936 in British Columbia, Canada).
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 6 days ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 week ago
- June in the orchard. Apples growing, blueberries growing, grass growing and barn cleaned out for its first party... fb.me/1w1bRUCn3 2 weeks ago
- The apples are growing nicely with all of the rain. Now the sun will really make things pop. 50 varieties in the... fb.me/1kxEtOHDb 2 weeks ago
- Tonight's sunset. Beautiful. Lucky I was still outside working. 1 month ago