The Rhode Island Greening is one of the first varieties of apple produced in American by European colonists. The Greening dates back to aproximately 1650 when Rhode Island tavern owner named Mr. Green produced these apples. They are now an uncommon variety found sprinkled across America. They were once a very popular commercial apple, best known for their use in apple pies. People love their crisp, tart taste which resembles the Granny Smith.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 2 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 5 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 5 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 5 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 5 months ago