The Rhode Island Greening is one of the first varieties of apple produced in American by European colonists. The Greening dates back to aproximately 1650 when Rhode Island tavern owner named Mr. Green produced these apples. They are now an uncommon variety found sprinkled across America. They were once a very popular commercial apple, best known for their use in apple pies. People love their crisp, tart taste which resembles the Granny Smith.
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 3 weeks ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 3 weeks ago
- Opening day is Wednesday, July 5 at noon. The summer varieties are really gaining size. Red Astrachan, Zestsr!,... fb.me/8WmTuvbrf 3 weeks ago
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 1 month ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 month ago