Red Gravenstein’s are an ancient variety of apple, dating back to at least 1669. They are the national apple of Denmark and are loved for their juicy, sweet, and tart flavor. This versatile apple makes for excellent eating and is used heavily for apples sauces and apple cider. The trees are especially large and the apples ripen in late July to early August.
- The first day of Summer. Apple growing season. Opening day of the farmstand is Tuesday July 9th 2 days ago
- This Saturday we will host a rare look into the barn at the Sweetser Farm. In the spirit of organizing and cleaning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook facebook.com/SweetsersApple… 2 weeks ago
- A day on the Farm. Nothing too crazy today. Apples growing. Oh, big barn sale next Saturday, June 16 2 weeks ago
- June 1st and 80 degrees. Just tight for growing Apples. Today’s photo features the Cortland variety. 3 weeks ago