Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 2 months ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 2 months ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 3 months ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 5 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 5 months ago