Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Tonight's sunset. Beautiful. Lucky I was still outside working. 1 day ago
- More apple blossoms. The heat pushed us to full bloom yesterday. Intense cold front roared through this afternoon... fb.me/24MjQaAhm 5 days ago
- Blossoms are out on the early varieties- Duchess, Red Gravenstein, Paula Reds. Waiting for the Macs, Macouns,... fb.me/6d1WB7px2 1 week ago
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 5 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 8 months ago