Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 days ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 2 weeks ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 3 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 3 weeks ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago