Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 1 month ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 4 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 4 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 4 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 4 months ago