Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- The Apple Barrel farm stand reopens on Thursday September 1st. We will operate daily, 9am - 6pm. The Sweetser... fb.me/4PZp0bOQz 2 weeks ago
- We are heartbroken to announce the death of Debby Freeman, co-owner and Greg Sweetser's wife, daughter-in-law to... fb.me/4q01Xt3qZ 2 months ago
- Moving the brush pile. Thank you Bill Taylor. fb.me/4FtaQ1Lko 3 months ago
- A Mother's Day stroll through the orchard, before things really get busy. This warm weather will push the apple... fb.me/57kPAAtQE 3 months ago
- Nothing says Happy Thanksgiving like Cider and Pies! 9 months ago