RED ASTRACHAN is particularly known for making distinctive tasting pies. They are an early season apple, ripening in mid to late July into August. It is a Russian apple imported into England from Sweden in 1816, and was brought to America in 1835 and widely distributed. Medium in size and roundish-oblate in shape, the skin is a very pale-yellow and cream, marked with splashes and stripes of bright red. Sometimes the fruit is a solid-red. They are know for exploding or bursting their skin when they become over-ripe.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 2 months ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 2 months ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 3 months ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 5 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 5 months ago