RED ASTRACHAN is particularly known for making distinctive tasting pies. They are an early season apple, ripening in mid to late July into August. It is a Russian apple imported into England from Sweden in 1816, and was brought to America in 1835 and widely distributed. Medium in size and roundish-oblate in shape, the skin is a very pale-yellow and cream, marked with splashes and stripes of bright red. Sometimes the fruit is a solid-red. They are know for exploding or bursting their skin when they become over-ripe.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 days ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 2 weeks ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 3 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 3 weeks ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago