Known for its crunchy, crisp texture and tart flavor, Northern Spies are also high in vitamin C. This is an excellent dessert and pie apple and it stores very well in cool areas over long periods of time. It was discovered growing around 1800 near Rochester, New York, and remains one of the most commonly available heirloom apples in New England. Northern Spies are a late season apple that ripen in early to mid October.
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 6 days ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 week ago
- June in the orchard. Apples growing, blueberries growing, grass growing and barn cleaned out for its first party... fb.me/1w1bRUCn3 2 weeks ago
- The apples are growing nicely with all of the rain. Now the sun will really make things pop. 50 varieties in the... fb.me/1kxEtOHDb 2 weeks ago
- Tonight's sunset. Beautiful. Lucky I was still outside working. 1 month ago