Known for its crunchy, crisp texture and tart flavor, Northern Spies are also high in vitamin C. This is an excellent dessert and pie apple and it stores very well in cool areas over long periods of time. It was discovered growing around 1800 near Rochester, New York, and remains one of the most commonly available heirloom apples in New England. Northern Spies are a late season apple that ripen in early to mid October.
- Apples in bloom. Beautiful summer weather. 2 days ago
- Apple blossoms emerge after a long cold winter. And the clouds have a summer feel. And so much daylight! 5 days ago
- A chilly 30 degree sunrise. No risk to these growing Apple buds. The cold April insures mid to late May blossoms an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- The foggy sunrise has given way to brilliant sunshine. Spring is inching forward at the orchard. 2 weeks ago
- Green tips are emerging on the apple tree fruit buds. The growing season is officially underway in Cumberland Cente… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago