Known for its crunchy, crisp texture and tart flavor, Northern Spies are also high in vitamin C. This is an excellent dessert and pie apple and it stores very well in cool areas over long periods of time. It was discovered growing around 1800 near Rochester, New York, and remains one of the most commonly available heirloom apples in New England. Northern Spies are a late season apple that ripen in early to mid October.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 1 month ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 1 month ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 2 months ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 4 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 4 months ago