Known for its crunchy, crisp texture and tart flavor, Northern Spies are also high in vitamin C. This is an excellent dessert and pie apple and it stores very well in cool areas over long periods of time. It was discovered growing around 1800 near Rochester, New York, and remains one of the most commonly available heirloom apples in New England. Northern Spies are a late season apple that ripen in early to mid October.
- Apple growing season. The Red color of Liberty and the hint of red on the Duchess are signs of the season ahead. 2 weeks ago
- The first day of Summer. Apple growing season. Opening day of the farmstand is Tuesday July 9th 3 weeks ago
- This Saturday we will host a rare look into the barn at the Sweetser Farm. In the spirit of organizing and cleaning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook facebook.com/SweetsersApple… 1 month ago
- A day on the Farm. Nothing too crazy today. Apples growing. Oh, big barn sale next Saturday, June 16 1 month ago