Known for its crunchy, crisp texture and tart flavor, Northern Spies are also high in vitamin C. This is an excellent dessert and pie apple and it stores very well in cool areas over long periods of time. It was discovered growing around 1800 near Rochester, New York, and remains one of the most commonly available heirloom apples in New England. Northern Spies are a late season apple that ripen in early to mid October.
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 14 hours ago
- So much variety at Sweetser's Apple Barrel. Tons of pumpkins, gourds, and Squash. Nearly 20 types of apples.... fb.me/1k877nAF4 1 day ago
- Apples, cider, pumpkins, and squash describe a fall Maine day. The Apple Barrel is open every day 9 am until 6... fb.me/1EguGcd5z 1 week ago
- October is the heart of apple season. Pumpkins, squash, apples and cider. Every day, 9 am until 6 pm. 2 weeks ago
- The Cumberland Fair opens today. Fresh apples, cider, peaches, corn, and more available at our farm stand. The... fb.me/UJWUP2i3 3 weeks ago