Known for its crunchy, crisp texture and tart flavor, Northern Spies are also high in vitamin C. This is an excellent dessert and pie apple and it stores very well in cool areas over long periods of time. It was discovered growing around 1800 near Rochester, New York, and remains one of the most commonly available heirloom apples in New England. Northern Spies are a late season apple that ripen in early to mid October.
- The Apple Barrel farm stand reopens on Thursday September 1st. We will operate daily, 9am - 6pm. The Sweetser... fb.me/4PZp0bOQz 1 week ago
- We are heartbroken to announce the death of Debby Freeman, co-owner and Greg Sweetser's wife, daughter-in-law to... fb.me/4q01Xt3qZ 2 months ago
- Moving the brush pile. Thank you Bill Taylor. fb.me/4FtaQ1Lko 3 months ago
- A Mother's Day stroll through the orchard, before things really get busy. This warm weather will push the apple... fb.me/57kPAAtQE 3 months ago
- Nothing says Happy Thanksgiving like Cider and Pies! 9 months ago