First grown in the Mutsu Province of Japan, these apples were introduced to the US after World War II in 1948. They are also known as Crispins and are like a large version of the Golden Delicious. Mutsu apples are a varsatile eating and cooking apple with a nice semi-sweet tart taste and crispy firm flesh. In Maine, Mutsus ripen in early to mid October and work excellently in apple pies.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 1 week ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 3 weeks ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 1 month ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 3 months ago