First grown in the Mutsu Province of Japan, these apples were introduced to the US after World War II in 1948. They are also known as Crispins and are like a large version of the Golden Delicious. Mutsu apples are a varsatile eating and cooking apple with a nice semi-sweet tart taste and crispy firm flesh. In Maine, Mutsus ripen in early to mid October and work excellently in apple pies.
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 3 weeks ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 3 weeks ago
- Opening day is Wednesday, July 5 at noon. The summer varieties are really gaining size. Red Astrachan, Zestsr!,... fb.me/8WmTuvbrf 3 weeks ago
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 1 month ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 month ago