First grown in the Mutsu Province of Japan, these apples were introduced to the US after World War II in 1948. They are also known as Crispins and are like a large version of the Golden Delicious. Mutsu apples are a varsatile eating and cooking apple with a nice semi-sweet tart taste and crispy firm flesh. In Maine, Mutsus ripen in early to mid October and work excellently in apple pies.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 2 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 5 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 5 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 5 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 5 months ago