Melbas have very firm, white, sweet flesh and nice reddish-green exteriors. They were introduced in 1898 by the Central Experiment Farm in Ottawa, Canada. These apples are similar to (and descended from) Macintosh apples and make for excellent eating and cooking!
- Tonight's sunset. Beautiful. Lucky I was still outside working. 1 day ago
- More apple blossoms. The heat pushed us to full bloom yesterday. Intense cold front roared through this afternoon... fb.me/24MjQaAhm 5 days ago
- Blossoms are out on the early varieties- Duchess, Red Gravenstein, Paula Reds. Waiting for the Macs, Macouns,... fb.me/6d1WB7px2 1 week ago
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 5 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 8 months ago