Melbas have very firm, white, sweet flesh and nice reddish-green exteriors. They were introduced in 1898 by the Central Experiment Farm in Ottawa, Canada. These apples are similar to (and descended from) Macintosh apples and make for excellent eating and cooking!
- The first day of Summer. Apple growing season. Opening day of the farmstand is Tuesday July 9th 2 days ago
- This Saturday we will host a rare look into the barn at the Sweetser Farm. In the spirit of organizing and cleaning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook facebook.com/SweetsersApple… 2 weeks ago
- A day on the Farm. Nothing too crazy today. Apples growing. Oh, big barn sale next Saturday, June 16 2 weeks ago
- June 1st and 80 degrees. Just tight for growing Apples. Today’s photo features the Cortland variety. 3 weeks ago