The Mcintosh is a popular apple in New England, especially among school children because of its medium size and reputation as a healthy snack. It makes excellent applies pies and pink apple sauce as well. The history of the Mcintosh is very interesting because the “Mac’s” began with just one tree discovered by John Mcintosh while clearing his farm in Ontario, Cananda in 1811. The tree was one of twenty seedlings he found on his land, but by 1830, all but one had died. Luckily, this tree survived and gave us the Mcintosh variety that is known and loved today! The Mcintosh is also famous for giving its name to Apple ‘s Macintosh or “Mac” computers.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 2 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 5 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 5 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 5 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 5 months ago