Macoun’s are one of our favorite apples at Sweetser’s. They are a cross between the McIntosh and Jersey Black varieties. They have firm, crisp flesh and a delicious sweet taste. They are often pronounced “McCowan” and were developed at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva, New York, by R. Wellington. They are named after Canadian fruit grower W.T. Macoun, and were first introduced in 1923. Availability is generally October through November.
- Honeycrisp apples are in the market. The fall harvest continues with more apples, pumpkins, squash, gourds, and... fb.me/94HdmlEwB 3 days ago
- Maine Apple Sunday 2017. A beautiful fall day in Apple country. Apple crisp samples made with heirloom Red... fb.me/7SkNlySLI 1 week ago
- September is the month of apples at Sweetser's. Sunday is Maine apple Sunday with Connie's apple crisp samples. Open every day 9 - 6. 1 week ago
- Apple season in full swing. Fresh cider. Crispy apples. Squire Mountain cheese and so much more at our farm stand in Cumberland Center. 2 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel is now open 7 days a week from noon until 6:00 pm. Fresh Peaches, Apples, Corn and so much more. 1 month ago