The Liberty apples are another great variety created by the New York Agricultural Experiment Stations, hence the name “Liberty.” They were first released to the public in 1974, making them a fairly recent apple variety. Liberties are usually deep red apples with striping and little white dots. Their pinkish white flesh is not very acidic and nicely sweet. Liberties are sometimes considered a dessert apple for their use in pies and sweetness. Liberties are very resistant to scab and blight.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 2 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 5 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 5 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 5 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 5 months ago