The Liberty apples are another great variety created by the New York Agricultural Experiment Stations, hence the name “Liberty.” They were first released to the public in 1974, making them a fairly recent apple variety. Liberties are usually deep red apples with striping and little white dots. Their pinkish white flesh is not very acidic and nicely sweet. Liberties are sometimes considered a dessert apple for their use in pies and sweetness. Liberties are very resistant to scab and blight.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 1 week ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 3 weeks ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 1 month ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 3 months ago