The Liberty apples are another great variety created by the New York Agricultural Experiment Stations, hence the name “Liberty.” They were first released to the public in 1974, making them a fairly recent apple variety. Liberties are usually deep red apples with striping and little white dots. Their pinkish white flesh is not very acidic and nicely sweet. Liberties are sometimes considered a dessert apple for their use in pies and sweetness. Liberties are very resistant to scab and blight.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 days ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 2 weeks ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 3 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 3 weeks ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago