The Liberty apples are another great variety created by the New York Agricultural Experiment Stations, hence the name “Liberty.” They were first released to the public in 1974, making them a fairly recent apple variety. Liberties are usually deep red apples with striping and little white dots. Their pinkish white flesh is not very acidic and nicely sweet. Liberties are sometimes considered a dessert apple for their use in pies and sweetness. Liberties are very resistant to scab and blight.
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 3 weeks ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 3 weeks ago
- Opening day is Wednesday, July 5 at noon. The summer varieties are really gaining size. Red Astrachan, Zestsr!,... fb.me/8WmTuvbrf 3 weeks ago
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 1 month ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 month ago