The Liberty apples are another great variety created by the New York Agricultural Experiment Stations, hence the name “Liberty.” They were first released to the public in 1974, making them a fairly recent apple variety. Liberties are usually deep red apples with striping and little white dots. Their pinkish white flesh is not very acidic and nicely sweet. Liberties are sometimes considered a dessert apple for their use in pies and sweetness. Liberties are very resistant to scab and blight.
- Honeycrisp apples are in the market. The fall harvest continues with more apples, pumpkins, squash, gourds, and... fb.me/94HdmlEwB 3 days ago
- Maine Apple Sunday 2017. A beautiful fall day in Apple country. Apple crisp samples made with heirloom Red... fb.me/7SkNlySLI 1 week ago
- September is the month of apples at Sweetser's. Sunday is Maine apple Sunday with Connie's apple crisp samples. Open every day 9 - 6. 1 week ago
- Apple season in full swing. Fresh cider. Crispy apples. Squire Mountain cheese and so much more at our farm stand in Cumberland Center. 2 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel is now open 7 days a week from noon until 6:00 pm. Fresh Peaches, Apples, Corn and so much more. 1 month ago