Jonafree apples are a nice red late season apple ideal for cooking and eating. They are similar to the Jonathan apples and were developed by the Illinois, Indiana in 1965 as a hardy scab-resistant apple. They are crisp, juicy, sweet and are a low-acid apple. Jonafrees are a late season apple, maturing in mid-october and they store for up to 10 weeks when kept cold. They are especially popular as a dessert apple.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 5 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 7 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 7 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 7 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 7 months ago