Jonafree apples are a nice red late season apple ideal for cooking and eating. They are similar to the Jonathan apples and were developed by the Illinois, Indiana in 1965 as a hardy scab-resistant apple. They are crisp, juicy, sweet and are a low-acid apple. Jonafrees are a late season apple, maturing in mid-october and they store for up to 10 weeks when kept cold. They are especially popular as a dessert apple.
- Apple growing season. The Red color of Liberty and the hint of red on the Duchess are signs of the season ahead. 2 weeks ago
- The first day of Summer. Apple growing season. Opening day of the farmstand is Tuesday July 9th 3 weeks ago
- This Saturday we will host a rare look into the barn at the Sweetser Farm. In the spirit of organizing and cleaning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook facebook.com/SweetsersApple… 1 month ago
- A day on the Farm. Nothing too crazy today. Apples growing. Oh, big barn sale next Saturday, June 16 1 month ago