Jonafree apples are a nice red late season apple ideal for cooking and eating. They are similar to the Jonathan apples and were developed by the Illinois, Indiana in 1965 as a hardy scab-resistant apple. They are crisp, juicy, sweet and are a low-acid apple. Jonafrees are a late season apple, maturing in mid-october and they store for up to 10 weeks when kept cold. They are especially popular as a dessert apple.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 4 weeks ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 1 month ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 1 month ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 1 month ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago