Jonafree apples are a nice red late season apple ideal for cooking and eating. They are similar to the Jonathan apples and were developed by the Illinois, Indiana in 1965 as a hardy scab-resistant apple. They are crisp, juicy, sweet and are a low-acid apple. Jonafrees are a late season apple, maturing in mid-october and they store for up to 10 weeks when kept cold. They are especially popular as a dessert apple.
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 6 days ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 week ago
- June in the orchard. Apples growing, blueberries growing, grass growing and barn cleaned out for its first party... fb.me/1w1bRUCn3 2 weeks ago
- The apples are growing nicely with all of the rain. Now the sun will really make things pop. 50 varieties in the... fb.me/1kxEtOHDb 2 weeks ago
- Tonight's sunset. Beautiful. Lucky I was still outside working. 1 month ago