Jonafree apples are a nice red late season apple ideal for cooking and eating. They are similar to the Jonathan apples and were developed by the Illinois, Indiana in 1965 as a hardy scab-resistant apple. They are crisp, juicy, sweet and are a low-acid apple. Jonafrees are a late season apple, maturing in mid-october and they store for up to 10 weeks when kept cold. They are especially popular as a dessert apple.
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 14 hours ago
- So much variety at Sweetser's Apple Barrel. Tons of pumpkins, gourds, and Squash. Nearly 20 types of apples.... fb.me/1k877nAF4 1 day ago
- Apples, cider, pumpkins, and squash describe a fall Maine day. The Apple Barrel is open every day 9 am until 6... fb.me/1EguGcd5z 1 week ago
- October is the heart of apple season. Pumpkins, squash, apples and cider. Every day, 9 am until 6 pm. 2 weeks ago
- The Cumberland Fair opens today. Fresh apples, cider, peaches, corn, and more available at our farm stand. The... fb.me/UJWUP2i3 3 weeks ago