JERSEY MACS were created by the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station in 1971 in an attempt to create a McIntosh style early apple, hence the name Jersey Mac. The Jersey Macs were one of the most successful such experiments because of their tart taste and tender texture. They ripen in early August and make excellent eating apples for anyone who loves McIntosh apples.
- Apple growing season. The Red color of Liberty and the hint of red on the Duchess are signs of the season ahead. 2 weeks ago
- The first day of Summer. Apple growing season. Opening day of the farmstand is Tuesday July 9th 3 weeks ago
- This Saturday we will host a rare look into the barn at the Sweetser Farm. In the spirit of organizing and cleaning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook facebook.com/SweetsersApple… 1 month ago
- A day on the Farm. Nothing too crazy today. Apples growing. Oh, big barn sale next Saturday, June 16 1 month ago