JERSEY MACS were created by the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station in 1971 in an attempt to create a McIntosh style early apple, hence the name Jersey Mac. The Jersey Macs were one of the most successful such experiments because of their tart taste and tender texture. They ripen in early August and make excellent eating apples for anyone who loves McIntosh apples.
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 6 days ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 week ago
- June in the orchard. Apples growing, blueberries growing, grass growing and barn cleaned out for its first party... fb.me/1w1bRUCn3 2 weeks ago
- The apples are growing nicely with all of the rain. Now the sun will really make things pop. 50 varieties in the... fb.me/1kxEtOHDb 2 weeks ago
- Tonight's sunset. Beautiful. Lucky I was still outside working. 1 month ago