JERSEY MACS were created by the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station in 1971 in an attempt to create a McIntosh style early apple, hence the name Jersey Mac. The Jersey Macs were one of the most successful such experiments because of their tart taste and tender texture. They ripen in early August and make excellent eating apples for anyone who loves McIntosh apples.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 4 weeks ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 1 month ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 1 month ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 1 month ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago