Honeycrisp apples are a remarkable crisp apple with an excellent balance of tartness and sweetness that makes them a favorite eating apple. They are also known for their large size, long shelf life, and golden-red coloring. They were developed as a hybrid of the Macoun and Honeygold apples by the University of Minnesota in 1974 and became the Minnesota State Apple in 2006. Honeycrisps are a relatively new variety (cultivar) of apple but their popularity has been rapidly increasing across North America.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 1 week ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 3 weeks ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 1 month ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 3 months ago