Honeycrisp apples are a remarkable crisp apple with an excellent balance of tartness and sweetness that makes them a favorite eating apple. They are also known for their large size, long shelf life, and golden-red coloring. They were developed as a hybrid of the Macoun and Honeygold apples by the University of Minnesota in 1974 and became the Minnesota State Apple in 2006. Honeycrisps are a relatively new variety (cultivar) of apple but their popularity has been rapidly increasing across North America.
- The first day of Summer. Apple growing season. Opening day of the farmstand is Tuesday July 9th 2 days ago
- This Saturday we will host a rare look into the barn at the Sweetser Farm. In the spirit of organizing and cleaning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook facebook.com/SweetsersApple… 2 weeks ago
- A day on the Farm. Nothing too crazy today. Apples growing. Oh, big barn sale next Saturday, June 16 2 weeks ago
- June 1st and 80 degrees. Just tight for growing Apples. Today’s photo features the Cortland variety. 3 weeks ago