Honeycrisp apples are a remarkable crisp apple with an excellent balance of tartness and sweetness that makes them a favorite eating apple. They are also known for their large size, long shelf life, and golden-red coloring. They were developed as a hybrid of the Macoun and Honeygold apples by the University of Minnesota in 1974 and became the Minnesota State Apple in 2006. Honeycrisps are a relatively new variety (cultivar) of apple but their popularity has been rapidly increasing across North America.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 days ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 2 weeks ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 3 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 3 weeks ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago