Honeycrisp apples are a remarkable crisp apple with an excellent balance of tartness and sweetness that makes them a favorite eating apple. They are also known for their large size, long shelf life, and golden-red coloring. They were developed as a hybrid of the Macoun and Honeygold apples by the University of Minnesota in 1974 and became the Minnesota State Apple in 2006. Honeycrisps are a relatively new variety (cultivar) of apple but their popularity has been rapidly increasing across North America.
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 3 weeks ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 3 weeks ago
- Opening day is Wednesday, July 5 at noon. The summer varieties are really gaining size. Red Astrachan, Zestsr!,... fb.me/8WmTuvbrf 3 weeks ago
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 1 month ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 month ago