Honeycrisp apples are a remarkable crisp apple with an excellent balance of tartness and sweetness that makes them a favorite eating apple. They are also known for their large size, long shelf life, and golden-red coloring. They were developed as a hybrid of the Macoun and Honeygold apples by the University of Minnesota in 1974 and became the Minnesota State Apple in 2006. Honeycrisps are a relatively new variety (cultivar) of apple but their popularity has been rapidly increasing across North America.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 2 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 5 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 5 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 5 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 5 months ago