This heirloom variety has a wonderfully sweet nutty flavor and makes a fine cider and dessert apple. Golden Russets are an old heirloom variety whose roots date back to at least the 1700s. They are called Golden Russets because of the coppery bronze russeting of their skin which makes them a unique apple that cannot be found in supermarkets. These apples can be stored for many months in cold places and ripen in mid October.
- The first day of Summer. Apple growing season. Opening day of the farmstand is Tuesday July 9th 2 days ago
- This Saturday we will host a rare look into the barn at the Sweetser Farm. In the spirit of organizing and cleaning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook facebook.com/SweetsersApple… 2 weeks ago
- A day on the Farm. Nothing too crazy today. Apples growing. Oh, big barn sale next Saturday, June 16 2 weeks ago
- June 1st and 80 degrees. Just tight for growing Apples. Today’s photo features the Cortland variety. 3 weeks ago