This heirloom variety has a wonderfully sweet nutty flavor and makes a fine cider and dessert apple. Golden Russets are an old heirloom variety whose roots date back to at least the 1700s. They are called Golden Russets because of the coppery bronze russeting of their skin which makes them a unique apple that cannot be found in supermarkets. These apples can be stored for many months in cold places and ripen in mid October.
- Tonight's sunset. Beautiful. Lucky I was still outside working. 1 day ago
- More apple blossoms. The heat pushed us to full bloom yesterday. Intense cold front roared through this afternoon... fb.me/24MjQaAhm 5 days ago
- Blossoms are out on the early varieties- Duchess, Red Gravenstein, Paula Reds. Waiting for the Macs, Macouns,... fb.me/6d1WB7px2 1 week ago
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 5 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 8 months ago