This heirloom variety has a wonderfully sweet nutty flavor and makes a fine cider and dessert apple. Golden Russets are an old heirloom variety whose roots date back to at least the 1700s. They are called Golden Russets because of the coppery bronze russeting of their skin which makes them a unique apple that cannot be found in supermarkets. These apples can be stored for many months in cold places and ripen in mid October.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 2 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 5 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 5 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 5 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 5 months ago