This heirloom variety has a wonderfully sweet nutty flavor and makes a fine cider and dessert apple. Golden Russets are an old heirloom variety whose roots date back to at least the 1700s. They are called Golden Russets because of the coppery bronze russeting of their skin which makes them a unique apple that cannot be found in supermarkets. These apples can be stored for many months in cold places and ripen in mid October.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 1 week ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 3 weeks ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 1 month ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 3 months ago