This heirloom variety has a wonderfully sweet nutty flavor and makes a fine cider and dessert apple. Golden Russets are an old heirloom variety whose roots date back to at least the 1700s. They are called Golden Russets because of the coppery bronze russeting of their skin which makes them a unique apple that cannot be found in supermarkets. These apples can be stored for many months in cold places and ripen in mid October.
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 3 weeks ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 3 weeks ago
- Opening day is Wednesday, July 5 at noon. The summer varieties are really gaining size. Red Astrachan, Zestsr!,... fb.me/8WmTuvbrf 3 weeks ago
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 1 month ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 month ago