Golden Delicious are a very popular heirloom variety of apple known for their deep yellow or golden color and sweet taste. The first tree was discovered in West Virginia in 1891 by a young boy cutting grass who saved it and nurtured the tree. Golden Delicious are the official apple of West Virginia and are often used in desserts, salads and make excellent eating apples. Despite common misconceptions, they are not closely related to the Red Delicious variety…Other than the fact that they are both delicious! Fun Fact: In 2010, an Italian-led consortium announced they had decoded the complete genome of the Golden Delicious apple.It had the highest number of genes (57,000) of any plant genome studied to date.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 3 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 6 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 6 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 6 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 6 months ago