Gala apples are the second most popular apple in the US (after Red Delicious). Gala apples are red with vertical stripes and have a thin skin. They are loved for their sweetness and firm, crisp texture. They were created in the 1930s when J.H. Kidd crossed a Golden Delicious and Kidd’s Orange Red in New Zealand. They ripen in Maine during mid September.
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 3 weeks ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 3 weeks ago
- Opening day is Wednesday, July 5 at noon. The summer varieties are really gaining size. Red Astrachan, Zestsr!,... fb.me/8WmTuvbrf 3 weeks ago
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 1 month ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 month ago