Gala apples are the second most popular apple in the US (after Red Delicious). Gala apples are red with vertical stripes and have a thin skin. They are loved for their sweetness and firm, crisp texture. They were created in the 1930s when J.H. Kidd crossed a Golden Delicious and Kidd’s Orange Red in New Zealand. They ripen in Maine during mid September.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 1 week ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 3 weeks ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 1 month ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 3 months ago