The Empire apple was developed after a long selection process in New York (The “Empire” State) and hence its name. These apples ripen in mid to late September and have juicy, firm and sweet flesh. They have nice red skin with green streaking and white star dots.
- The first day of Summer. Apple growing season. Opening day of the farmstand is Tuesday July 9th 2 days ago
- This Saturday we will host a rare look into the barn at the Sweetser Farm. In the spirit of organizing and cleaning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook facebook.com/SweetsersApple… 2 weeks ago
- A day on the Farm. Nothing too crazy today. Apples growing. Oh, big barn sale next Saturday, June 16 2 weeks ago
- June 1st and 80 degrees. Just tight for growing Apples. Today’s photo features the Cortland variety. 3 weeks ago