The Duchess is an early apple, ripening in August with a nice tart taste. Duchess apples are very round with red and green striping. They are an heirloom variety introduced from Russia in 1835 by the Massachusetts Horticultural Society and are used for eating as well as in sauces and jellies. Their original name is “Duchess of Oldenburg” and their flesh is crisp and juicy similar to a Winesap.
- Honeycrisp apples are in the market. The fall harvest continues with more apples, pumpkins, squash, gourds, and... fb.me/94HdmlEwB 3 days ago
- Maine Apple Sunday 2017. A beautiful fall day in Apple country. Apple crisp samples made with heirloom Red... fb.me/7SkNlySLI 1 week ago
- September is the month of apples at Sweetser's. Sunday is Maine apple Sunday with Connie's apple crisp samples. Open every day 9 - 6. 1 week ago
- Apple season in full swing. Fresh cider. Crispy apples. Squire Mountain cheese and so much more at our farm stand in Cumberland Center. 2 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel is now open 7 days a week from noon until 6:00 pm. Fresh Peaches, Apples, Corn and so much more. 1 month ago