The Duchess is an early apple, ripening in August with a nice tart taste. Duchess apples are very round with red and green striping. They are an heirloom variety introduced from Russia in 1835 by the Massachusetts Horticultural Society and are used for eating as well as in sauces and jellies. Their original name is “Duchess of Oldenburg” and their flesh is crisp and juicy similar to a Winesap.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 2 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 5 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 5 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 5 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 5 months ago