The Duchess is an early apple, ripening in August with a nice tart taste. Duchess apples are very round with red and green striping. They are an heirloom variety introduced from Russia in 1835 by the Massachusetts Horticultural Society and are used for eating as well as in sauces and jellies. Their original name is “Duchess of Oldenburg” and their flesh is crisp and juicy similar to a Winesap.
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 3 weeks ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 3 weeks ago
- Opening day is Wednesday, July 5 at noon. The summer varieties are really gaining size. Red Astrachan, Zestsr!,... fb.me/8WmTuvbrf 3 weeks ago
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 1 month ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 month ago