The Duchess is an early apple, ripening in August with a nice tart taste. Duchess apples are very round with red and green striping. They are an heirloom variety introduced from Russia in 1835 by the Massachusetts Horticultural Society and are used for eating as well as in sauces and jellies. Their original name is “Duchess of Oldenburg” and their flesh is crisp and juicy similar to a Winesap.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 1 week ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 3 weeks ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 1 month ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 3 months ago