The Duchess is an early apple, ripening in August with a nice tart taste. Duchess apples are very round with red and green striping. They are an heirloom variety introduced from Russia in 1835 by the Massachusetts Horticultural Society and are used for eating as well as in sauces and jellies. Their original name is “Duchess of Oldenburg” and their flesh is crisp and juicy similar to a Winesap.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 days ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 2 weeks ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 3 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 3 weeks ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago