These are mini Macoun apples that make adorable decorations. The normal sized Macoun’s are one of our favorite apples at Sweetser’s. They are a cross between the McIntosh and Jersey Black varieties. They have firm, crisp flesh and a delicious sweet taste. They are often pronounced “McCowan” and were developed at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva, New York, by R. Wellington. They are named after Canadian fruit grower W.T. Macoun, and were first introduced in 1923. Availability is generally October through November.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 4 weeks ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 1 month ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 1 month ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 1 month ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago