These are mini Macoun apples that make adorable decorations. The normal sized Macoun’s are one of our favorite apples at Sweetser’s. They are a cross between the McIntosh and Jersey Black varieties. They have firm, crisp flesh and a delicious sweet taste. They are often pronounced “McCowan” and were developed at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva, New York, by R. Wellington. They are named after Canadian fruit grower W.T. Macoun, and were first introduced in 1923. Availability is generally October through November.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 5 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 7 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 7 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 7 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 7 months ago