These are mini Macoun apples that make adorable decorations. The normal sized Macoun’s are one of our favorite apples at Sweetser’s. They are a cross between the McIntosh and Jersey Black varieties. They have firm, crisp flesh and a delicious sweet taste. They are often pronounced “McCowan” and were developed at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva, New York, by R. Wellington. They are named after Canadian fruit grower W.T. Macoun, and were first introduced in 1923. Availability is generally October through November.
- The Apple Barrel is now open 7 days a week from noon until 6:00 pm. Fresh Peaches, Apples, Corn and so much more. 1 week ago
- Apples are growing nicely. We will be open every day of the week beginning this Wednesday, August 9th. Summer... fb.me/6B5ozduxT 2 weeks ago
- Fresh, juicy, native peaches will be in the Market this Wednesday. Plus sweet corn, our summer apple varieties -... fb.me/ZY4xM0cn 2 weeks ago
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 1 month ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 1 month ago