These are mini Macoun apples that make adorable decorations. The normal sized Macoun’s are one of our favorite apples at Sweetser’s. They are a cross between the McIntosh and Jersey Black varieties. They have firm, crisp flesh and a delicious sweet taste. They are often pronounced “McCowan” and were developed at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva, New York, by R. Wellington. They are named after Canadian fruit grower W.T. Macoun, and were first introduced in 1923. Availability is generally October through November.
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 14 hours ago
- So much variety at Sweetser's Apple Barrel. Tons of pumpkins, gourds, and Squash. Nearly 20 types of apples.... fb.me/1k877nAF4 1 day ago
- Apples, cider, pumpkins, and squash describe a fall Maine day. The Apple Barrel is open every day 9 am until 6... fb.me/1EguGcd5z 1 week ago
- October is the heart of apple season. Pumpkins, squash, apples and cider. Every day, 9 am until 6 pm. 2 weeks ago
- The Cumberland Fair opens today. Fresh apples, cider, peaches, corn, and more available at our farm stand. The... fb.me/UJWUP2i3 3 weeks ago