The Cortland is a very crisp apple with white flesh that is descended from the Mcintosh. The Cortland has a delicious sweet flavor, making it an excellent dessert apple. They are crimson with dark red stripes, pale yellow background and speckled with little greenish white dots like stars. Cortlands developed at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in 1898 and were named after nearby Cortland County, New York. They ripen in September and are a medium to large sized apple.
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 2 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 5 months ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/RHWCUamq 5 months ago
- Connie Sweetser hosted a cooking demonstration with Jim Keithley of WMTW Ch8 TV. The Segment will air Friday... fb.me/2kmUdmrBh 5 months ago
- The Sweetser Family is extremely proud to be the recipient of the 2016 Farm Bureau Heritage Farm Award. Thank... fb.me/5hvQKQKD5 5 months ago