The Cortland is a very crisp apple with white flesh that is descended from the Mcintosh. The Cortland has a delicious sweet flavor, making it an excellent dessert apple. They are crimson with dark red stripes, pale yellow background and speckled with little greenish white dots like stars. Cortlands developed at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in 1898 and were named after nearby Cortland County, New York. They ripen in September and are a medium to large sized apple.
- The Apple Barrel is now open 7 days a week from noon until 6:00 pm. Fresh Peaches, Apples, Corn and so much more. 1 week ago
- Apples are growing nicely. We will be open every day of the week beginning this Wednesday, August 9th. Summer... fb.me/6B5ozduxT 2 weeks ago
- Fresh, juicy, native peaches will be in the Market this Wednesday. Plus sweet corn, our summer apple varieties -... fb.me/ZY4xM0cn 2 weeks ago
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 1 month ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 1 month ago