Brock apples are a cross between the crisp tasty Macintosh and the smooth sweet Golden Delicious. They are a Maine heirloom variety that was popularized by Henry Brock of Alfred, Maine in the 1930s and originally created by Russ Baily of the University of Maine. Brocks are a well-balanced apple, ideal for pies and eating. They are a late-season apple ripening in mid October. Brocks are medium sixed with a nice red blush, creamy flesh and store for long periods in cool temperatures.
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 14 hours ago
- So much variety at Sweetser's Apple Barrel. Tons of pumpkins, gourds, and Squash. Nearly 20 types of apples.... fb.me/1k877nAF4 1 day ago
- Apples, cider, pumpkins, and squash describe a fall Maine day. The Apple Barrel is open every day 9 am until 6... fb.me/1EguGcd5z 1 week ago
- October is the heart of apple season. Pumpkins, squash, apples and cider. Every day, 9 am until 6 pm. 2 weeks ago
- The Cumberland Fair opens today. Fresh apples, cider, peaches, corn, and more available at our farm stand. The... fb.me/UJWUP2i3 3 weeks ago