Brock apples are a cross between the crisp tasty Macintosh and the smooth sweet Golden Delicious. They are a Maine heirloom variety that was popularized by Henry Brock of Alfred, Maine in the 1930s and originally created by Russ Baily of the University of Maine. Brocks are a well-balanced apple, ideal for pies and eating. They are a late-season apple ripening in mid October. Brocks are medium sixed with a nice red blush, creamy flesh and store for long periods in cool temperatures.
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 4 weeks ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 1 month ago
- Spooky Halloween Eve at the Apple Barrel. Widespread power outage adds to an eire evening with moon rising and... fb.me/6oyMl1DcX 1 month ago
- The Apple Barrel will be a sponsor of this season's kick off to winter sports. The annual Ski Season Launch Party... fb.me/90A3zCNVo 1 month ago
- Another sunny Saturday. More than 2 dozen types of apples in the market. Wow. Open daily 9 am - 6 pm. 1 month ago