Brock apples are a cross between the crisp tasty Macintosh and the smooth sweet Golden Delicious. They are a Maine heirloom variety that was popularized by Henry Brock of Alfred, Maine in the 1930s and originally created by Russ Baily of the University of Maine. Brocks are a well-balanced apple, ideal for pies and eating. They are a late-season apple ripening in mid October. Brocks are medium sixed with a nice red blush, creamy flesh and store for long periods in cool temperatures.
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 1 month ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 1 month ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 2 months ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 4 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 4 months ago