Brock apples are a cross between the crisp tasty Macintosh and the smooth sweet Golden Delicious. They are a Maine heirloom variety that was popularized by Henry Brock of Alfred, Maine in the 1930s and originally created by Russ Baily of the University of Maine. Brocks are a well-balanced apple, ideal for pies and eating. They are a late-season apple ripening in mid October. Brocks are medium sixed with a nice red blush, creamy flesh and store for long periods in cool temperatures.
- Apple growing season. The Red color of Liberty and the hint of red on the Duchess are signs of the season ahead. 2 weeks ago
- The first day of Summer. Apple growing season. Opening day of the farmstand is Tuesday July 9th 3 weeks ago
- This Saturday we will host a rare look into the barn at the Sweetser Farm. In the spirit of organizing and cleaning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook facebook.com/SweetsersApple… 1 month ago
- A day on the Farm. Nothing too crazy today. Apples growing. Oh, big barn sale next Saturday, June 16 1 month ago