Brock apples are a cross between the crisp tasty Macintosh and the smooth sweet Golden Delicious. They are a Maine heirloom variety that was popularized by Henry Brock of Alfred, Maine in the 1930s and originally created by Russ Baily of the University of Maine. Brocks are a well-balanced apple, ideal for pies and eating. They are a late-season apple ripening in mid October. Brocks are medium sixed with a nice red blush, creamy flesh and store for long periods in cool temperatures.
- Tonight's sunset. Beautiful. Lucky I was still outside working. 1 day ago
- More apple blossoms. The heat pushed us to full bloom yesterday. Intense cold front roared through this afternoon... fb.me/24MjQaAhm 5 days ago
- Blossoms are out on the early varieties- Duchess, Red Gravenstein, Paula Reds. Waiting for the Macs, Macouns,... fb.me/6d1WB7px2 1 week ago
- Sunday, November 27 was the last day of the 2016 apple season at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards. Although... fb.me/1J9Yk3ih9 5 months ago
- The Sweetser family has been skiing for generations. Orchard owner Greg Sweetser turned that love into a lifelong... fb.me/RGNNco1g 8 months ago