The Ben Davis apple was extremely popular in the 1800s for its reliable and hardy characteristics. We love the Ben Davis apples in pies and other desserts. They are similar to McIntosh and Cortland apples. It was widely grown across the Southern US in the 1800s and now is extremely rare. The origins of this apple are unknown but it is believed to have originated in the US South before the Civil War. In Maine this is a late season apple, ripening in mid October.
- Honeycrisp apples are in the market. The fall harvest continues with more apples, pumpkins, squash, gourds, and... fb.me/94HdmlEwB 3 days ago
- Maine Apple Sunday 2017. A beautiful fall day in Apple country. Apple crisp samples made with heirloom Red... fb.me/7SkNlySLI 1 week ago
- September is the month of apples at Sweetser's. Sunday is Maine apple Sunday with Connie's apple crisp samples. Open every day 9 - 6. 1 week ago
- Apple season in full swing. Fresh cider. Crispy apples. Squire Mountain cheese and so much more at our farm stand in Cumberland Center. 2 weeks ago
- The Apple Barrel is now open 7 days a week from noon until 6:00 pm. Fresh Peaches, Apples, Corn and so much more. 1 month ago