A new-to-us variety that was introduced in the Netherlands in the 1850s. This heirloom apple has a yellow-green flesh, with a red “blush”, often combined with russeting, and has an overall lumpy appearance. This is a great multipurpose apple. It is sweet-tart, which makes it great for eating, and stays firm when cooked, making it a great cooking apple as well. Additionally, it is a great storing apple, and can last up to 6 months if kept cold! This apple is a mid to late season apple, so look for it debuting in our market in mid-to-late October!
- February pruning continues. Looks like we will need snowshoes after the snowstorm this week. 1 week ago
- A winter day in January. Nice sights and perfect apple Tree pruning weather. 3 weeks ago
- fb.me/1Ju6dtJGF 1 month ago
- Still so many unique apples in the market. And fresh cider for Thanksgiving. Open daily 9-6, but we will be closed Thanksgiving Day 3 months ago
- fb.me/1ldiFcleP 3 months ago