A new-to-us variety that was introduced in the Netherlands in the 1850s. This heirloom apple has a yellow-green flesh, with a red “blush”, often combined with russeting, and has an overall lumpy appearance. This is a great multipurpose apple. It is sweet-tart, which makes it great for eating, and stays firm when cooked, making it a great cooking apple as well. Additionally, it is a great storing apple, and can last up to 6 months if kept cold! This apple is a mid to late season apple, so look for it debuting in our market in mid-to-late October!
- Strawberries, fresh from Chipman Farm beginning Wednesday July 5. Open Wed-Sat. Noon until 6:00 pm. Veggies,... fb.me/318WbRGzt 3 weeks ago
- Opening Day. Wednesday July 5, 2017. Noon until 6:00 pm. Strawberries, Vegetables, and fresh bakery products. 3 weeks ago
- Opening day is Wednesday, July 5 at noon. The summer varieties are really gaining size. Red Astrachan, Zestsr!,... fb.me/8WmTuvbrf 3 weeks ago
- Summer solstice 2017 around the farm 1 month ago
- June is for growing new apples. The Duchess and Liberty get a red blush at an early stage. A beautiful crop shaping up this season 1 month ago