Spencer apples come from a cross between the sweet red McIntosh apple and the crispy yellow Golden Delicious. This makes them a delightful crunchy sweet apple, perfect for eating and cooking and a mature red skin flecked with green. Spencers originated in 1959 in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada and have made their way across the US. Their core is smaller than their ancestor the McIntosh and their flesh is very juicy. Spencers mature in early to mid October and can be stored in a cool or cold, dry environment.
- Opening DAY. Chipman Farms strawberries, preserves, and baked goods. The Apple Barrel is open daily, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm 1 month ago
- Opening Day of the season is Wednesday, July 1st. Chipman Farms will be running the market during vegetable... fb.me/1OIxrqboB 1 month ago
- The apples are growing following two days of rain. Here are some of our favorites, the Liberty apple. fb.me/3h69rjtgC 2 months ago
- These Northern Spy apples were picked in October of last season. I just store then in the refrigerator all winter... fb.me/2cT5TQvTU 2 months ago
- May 1st sunrise over the apple trees. fb.me/5cl0nlFd2 3 months ago