Spencer apples come from a cross between the sweet red McIntosh apple and the crispy yellow Golden Delicious. This makes them a delightful crunchy sweet apple, perfect for eating and cooking and a mature red skin flecked with green. Spencers originated in 1959 in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada and have made their way across the US. Their core is smaller than their ancestor the McIntosh and their flesh is very juicy. Spencers mature in early to mid October and can be stored in a cool or cold, dry environment.
- Happy Labor Day! Thinking about making a pie? Red Gravenstein are the best! We are open 9 am to 6 pm today. fb.me/2lo5dD181 15 hours ago
- We welcome our new variety Zestar! Today at the market we have 8 varieties to choose from. Red Gravenstein's,... fb.me/6AwNlAojj 2 days ago
- We'll have amazing Standard Baking Co. bread throughout the season starting this Friday! fb.me/37fJYV7WQ 6 days ago
- Greg was on the news last night speaking about this year's apple crop, and what it means for our orchard compared... fb.me/6IRpEfICH 1 week ago
- Is raining peaches at the market! Come and get them before they are gone! fb.me/3r6KyLqEh 1 week ago