Spencer apples come from a cross between the sweet red McIntosh apple and the crispy yellow Golden Delicious. This makes them a delightful crunchy sweet apple, perfect for eating and cooking and a mature red skin flecked with green. Spencers originated in 1959 in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada and have made their way across the US. Their core is smaller than their ancestor the McIntosh and their flesh is very juicy. Spencers mature in early to mid October and can be stored in a cool or cold, dry environment.
- Today is Maine Apple Sunday! come and visit us at the Farm will be sampling Connie's amazing Apple Crisp! We are... fb.me/1kEvLpfgp 5 days ago
- Is Connie's Birthday! We are celebrating at the Orchard! fb.me/6S0G7fdx0 1 week ago
- Fresh pressed cider! fb.me/3vrwWXYQV 2 weeks ago
- Happy Labor Day! Thinking about making a pie? Red Gravenstein are the best! We are open 9 am to 6 pm today. fb.me/2lo5dD181 2 weeks ago
- We welcome our new variety Zestar! Today at the market we have 8 varieties to choose from. Red Gravenstein's,... fb.me/6AwNlAojj 2 weeks ago