Spencer apples come from a cross between the sweet red McIntosh apple and the crispy yellow Golden Delicious. This makes them a delightful crunchy sweet apple, perfect for eating and cooking and a mature red skin flecked with green. Spencers originated in 1959 in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada and have made their way across the US. Their core is smaller than their ancestor the McIntosh and their flesh is very juicy. Spencers mature in early to mid October and can be stored in a cool or cold, dry environment.
- Nothing says Happy Thanksgiving like Cider and Pies! 1 week ago
- Happy Halloween! 3 weeks ago
- Join us in the celebration of the approaching winter season. The Apple Barrel is a proud sponsor and supporter of... fb.me/7KlHNh1kR 1 month ago
- Our winter passion. Snow. Join us in Portland on October 29 for a fun evening to support the Ski Museum of Maine.... fb.me/3Phx5LjYp 1 month ago
- We are looking for another apple picker to join our team for the peak harvest. A couple of weeks of outdoor work... fb.me/4bElzUWEO 1 month ago