Spencer apples come from a cross between the sweet red McIntosh apple and the crispy yellow Golden Delicious. This makes them a delightful crunchy sweet apple, perfect for eating and cooking and a mature red skin flecked with green. Spencers originated in 1959 in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada and have made their way across the US. Their core is smaller than their ancestor the McIntosh and their flesh is very juicy. Spencers mature in early to mid October and can be stored in a cool or cold, dry environment.
- May rain. Inside projects this weekend. Temperatures only in the 40's. fb.me/30JIzrtVI 16 hours ago
- Tree planting 2013. Calvin, Connie & Dick planting more Honeycrisp. fb.me/2oLRfMmmn 4 days ago
- I posted 14 photos on Facebook in the album "Full Bloom Saturday at Sweetser's Orchard" fb.me/1xB39mOrr 1 week ago
- Spring is beautiful, though these early sunrises make it hard to sleep in. 6 am this morning on a full bloom... fb.me/1M3MLNnKf 1 week ago
- Red Gravenstein apple trees are in full bloom fb.me/2viNnGsd3 1 week ago