Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Opening DAY. Chipman Farms strawberries, preserves, and baked goods. The Apple Barrel is open daily, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm 3 days ago
- Opening Day of the season is Wednesday, July 1st. Chipman Farms will be running the market during vegetable... fb.me/1OIxrqboB 4 days ago
- The apples are growing following two days of rain. Here are some of our favorites, the Liberty apple. fb.me/3h69rjtgC 1 month ago
- These Northern Spy apples were picked in October of last season. I just store then in the refrigerator all winter... fb.me/2cT5TQvTU 1 month ago
- May 1st sunrise over the apple trees. fb.me/5cl0nlFd2 2 months ago