Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Come and join us to The second annual 2k Fun Run/ walk "Lettuce Run to Beet Hunger" organize by Cumberland... fb.me/1sLJHwS9K 1 week ago
- Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards Cumberland Center, ME **********Hiring Farm Market Staff for 2014 Apple... fb.me/2ogfO6LLR 2 weeks ago
- Liberty apples look beautiful, and grass is growing among the big old trees. — at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and... fb.me/17i7XnK2a 1 month ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/1o0cGS2Za 1 month ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/2pldKUTvJ 1 month ago