Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Happy Labor Day! Thinking about making a pie? Red Gravenstein are the best! We are open 9 am to 6 pm today. fb.me/2lo5dD181 7 hours ago
- We welcome our new variety Zestar! Today at the market we have 8 varieties to choose from. Red Gravenstein's,... fb.me/6AwNlAojj 2 days ago
- We'll have amazing Standard Baking Co. bread throughout the season starting this Friday! fb.me/37fJYV7WQ 6 days ago
- Greg was on the news last night speaking about this year's apple crop, and what it means for our orchard compared... fb.me/6IRpEfICH 1 week ago
- Is raining peaches at the market! Come and get them before they are gone! fb.me/3r6KyLqEh 1 week ago