Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- These Northern Spy apples were picked in October of last season. I just store then in the refrigerator all winter... fb.me/2cT5TQvTU 2 days ago
- May 1st sunrise over the apple trees. fb.me/5cl0nlFd2 3 weeks ago
- One more photo from last night's sunset. fb.me/4wmsCFa8w 1 month ago
- January Blizzard 2015. A beautiful scene in the orchard from snow shoes. This media really hyped this storm, but... fb.me/1JyqXsGFI 3 months ago
- Our Last day of the season is tomorrow. Get your cider for the winter it freezes great! 5 months ago