Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Nothing says Happy Thanksgiving like Cider and Pies! 2 months ago
- Happy Halloween! 3 months ago
- Join us in the celebration of the approaching winter season. The Apple Barrel is a proud sponsor and supporter of... fb.me/7KlHNh1kR 3 months ago
- Our winter passion. Snow. Join us in Portland on October 29 for a fun evening to support the Ski Museum of Maine.... fb.me/3Phx5LjYp 3 months ago
- We are looking for another apple picker to join our team for the peak harvest. A couple of weeks of outdoor work... fb.me/4bElzUWEO 4 months ago