Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Connie Showed Jim Keithley from Morning Menu channel 8 how to make Cider Squash Soup, of course the secret... fb.me/735ryXJk1 1 day ago
- Bushels of Honey Crisp are falling all over the orchard! come and get them while you can! fb.me/3aXlQ0MWw 1 week ago
- Today is Maine Apple Sunday! come and visit us at the Farm will be sampling Connie's amazing Apple Crisp! We are... fb.me/1kEvLpfgp 2 weeks ago
- Is Connie's Birthday! We are celebrating at the Orchard! fb.me/6S0G7fdx0 3 weeks ago
- Fresh pressed cider! fb.me/3vrwWXYQV 3 weeks ago