Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Greg was on the news last night speaking about this year's apple crop, and what it means for our orchard compared... fb.me/6IRpEfICH 7 hours ago
- Is raining peaches at the market! Come and get them before they are gone! fb.me/3r6KyLqEh 1 day ago
- The newest variety of the season is Duchess. Limited supply this year. This is the eight favor picked this month. fb.me/GkZc9NLx 4 days ago
- Paula Red apples are in the market! Also this weekend we will have Connie's Apple Jelly! Visit us and say hi to... fb.me/1ckK8M5IQ 1 week ago
- The fifth and sixth varieties of the season are picked today. Melba is yellow with a blush of red and Jersey Macs... fb.me/6AVTQKSVB 1 week ago