Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Today is Maine Apple Sunday! come and visit us at the Farm will be sampling Connie's amazing Apple Crisp! We are... fb.me/1kEvLpfgp 5 days ago
- Is Connie's Birthday! We are celebrating at the Orchard! fb.me/6S0G7fdx0 1 week ago
- Fresh pressed cider! fb.me/3vrwWXYQV 2 weeks ago
- Happy Labor Day! Thinking about making a pie? Red Gravenstein are the best! We are open 9 am to 6 pm today. fb.me/2lo5dD181 2 weeks ago
- We welcome our new variety Zestar! Today at the market we have 8 varieties to choose from. Red Gravenstein's,... fb.me/6AwNlAojj 2 weeks ago