Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- Happy thanksgiving! Come and enjoy our special heirloom CIDER blend. Our unique blend includes: Baldwin, Northern... fb.me/6yW8YJnOs 1 week ago
- Holiday special! A free 1/4 peck bag of apples with a purchase of a $15 half bushel utility bag. You can make... fb.me/2fXjT3ebD 3 weeks ago
- Halloween Day at Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards with creative pumpkin carving fb.me/Tr1YkCkh 1 month ago
- The most creative crew at the Sweetser's Apple Barrel and Orchards had fun carving pumpkins on Halloween Day. fb.me/XxAPAdou 1 month ago
- I posted 8 photos on Facebook in the album "Halloween at the Market 2013" fb.me/25dFZx3N0 1 month ago