Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- We have ten different varieties of apples right now! We have Red Gravenstein and Paula Red's! We also have farm... fb.me/4dymFtisq 3 days ago
- Sorry we had to close early tonight! 3 weeks ago
- We have a new phone number 207-829-6599! 3 weeks ago
- Our summer apples are here! They are great cook with and eat! 3 weeks ago
- Our Yellow Transparent apples are in! Great for making apple sauce! fb.me/7muNbPCc9 3 weeks ago