Known for their deep, dark red hue, these apples are an good heirloom variety for both eating and cooking. Red Delicious were started in 1880 in Iowa and are now a common type of apple found in supermarkets across the US. The Red Delicious reached the height of its popularity in the 1980s when over 75% of Washington State’s apple production was devoted to this one variety. Red Delicious are a favorite “school apple” and ripen in early to mid October.
- One more photo from last night's sunset. fb.me/4wmsCFa8w 3 days ago
- January Blizzard 2015. A beautiful scene in the orchard from snow shoes. This media really hyped this storm, but... fb.me/1JyqXsGFI 2 months ago
- Our Last day of the season is tomorrow. Get your cider for the winter it freezes great! 4 months ago
- Small business Saturday! We are open 9 am to 6 pm. Local maple syrup, apple butter, local honey and crisp mix,... fb.me/6DqXylHot 4 months ago
- Ryan and Lindsay are keeping the market shoveled!Thanksgiving hours 9-12 fb.me/6SqcB5RrJ 4 months ago