Known for its crunchy, crisp texture and tart flavor, Northern Spies are also high in vitamin C. This is an excellent dessert and pie apple and it stores very well in cool areas over long periods of time. It was discovered growing around 1800 near Rochester, New York, and remains one of the most commonly available heirloom apples in New England. Northern Spies are a late season apple that ripen in early to mid October.
- Nothing says Happy Thanksgiving like Cider and Pies! 1 week ago
- Happy Halloween! 4 weeks ago
- Join us in the celebration of the approaching winter season. The Apple Barrel is a proud sponsor and supporter of... fb.me/7KlHNh1kR 1 month ago
- Our winter passion. Snow. Join us in Portland on October 29 for a fun evening to support the Ski Museum of Maine.... fb.me/3Phx5LjYp 1 month ago
- We are looking for another apple picker to join our team for the peak harvest. A couple of weeks of outdoor work... fb.me/4bElzUWEO 1 month ago