Known for its crunchy, crisp texture and tart flavor, Northern Spies are also high in vitamin C. This is an excellent dessert and pie apple and it stores very well in cool areas over long periods of time. It was discovered growing around 1800 near Rochester, New York, and remains one of the most commonly available heirloom apples in New England. Northern Spies are a late season apple that ripen in early to mid October.
- Opening DAY. Chipman Farms strawberries, preserves, and baked goods. The Apple Barrel is open daily, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm 4 weeks ago
- Opening Day of the season is Wednesday, July 1st. Chipman Farms will be running the market during vegetable... fb.me/1OIxrqboB 4 weeks ago
- The apples are growing following two days of rain. Here are some of our favorites, the Liberty apple. fb.me/3h69rjtgC 1 month ago
- These Northern Spy apples were picked in October of last season. I just store then in the refrigerator all winter... fb.me/2cT5TQvTU 2 months ago
- May 1st sunrise over the apple trees. fb.me/5cl0nlFd2 2 months ago