Known for its crunchy, crisp texture and tart flavor, Northern Spies are also high in vitamin C. This is an excellent dessert and pie apple and it stores very well in cool areas over long periods of time. It was discovered growing around 1800 near Rochester, New York, and remains one of the most commonly available heirloom apples in New England. Northern Spies are a late season apple that ripen in early to mid October.
- Happy Labor Day! Thinking about making a pie? Red Gravenstein are the best! We are open 9 am to 6 pm today. fb.me/2lo5dD181 22 hours ago
- We welcome our new variety Zestar! Today at the market we have 8 varieties to choose from. Red Gravenstein's,... fb.me/6AwNlAojj 2 days ago
- We'll have amazing Standard Baking Co. bread throughout the season starting this Friday! fb.me/37fJYV7WQ 6 days ago
- Greg was on the news last night speaking about this year's apple crop, and what it means for our orchard compared... fb.me/6IRpEfICH 1 week ago
- Is raining peaches at the market! Come and get them before they are gone! fb.me/3r6KyLqEh 1 week ago