Known for its crunchy, crisp texture and tart flavor, Northern Spies are also high in vitamin C. This is an excellent dessert and pie apple and it stores very well in cool areas over long periods of time. It was discovered growing around 1800 near Rochester, New York, and remains one of the most commonly available heirloom apples in New England. Northern Spies are a late season apple that ripen in early to mid October.
- These Northern Spy apples were picked in October of last season. I just store then in the refrigerator all winter... fb.me/2cT5TQvTU 6 days ago
- May 1st sunrise over the apple trees. fb.me/5cl0nlFd2 4 weeks ago
- One more photo from last night's sunset. fb.me/4wmsCFa8w 1 month ago
- January Blizzard 2015. A beautiful scene in the orchard from snow shoes. This media really hyped this storm, but... fb.me/1JyqXsGFI 4 months ago
- Our Last day of the season is tomorrow. Get your cider for the winter it freezes great! 5 months ago